Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shifts: Day: 7:00am-3:30pm
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER, OUR BENEFITS
- Increases based on role progression.
- Paid vacation, extended dental and health care.
- A clean and safe indoor work environment.
- Training and opportunity for advancement.
- Outstanding team support.
Focus on Position
The focus of this position is to install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair Kemflo’s stationary machinery and mechanical equipment. You will be required to provide daily maintenance updates, as well as implementing a preventative maintenance program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read mechanical blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as overhead cranes to position machinery and parts during installation, and repair of machinery.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment.
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Repair and maintain in good working order Robotics systems, and automation.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems and programmable logic controls (PLC).
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance, or set-up of machinery.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Assemble and align machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Repair all tools with necessary hydraulic & pneumatic system.
- Protect equipment from misuse or damage.
- Ability to read electrical assembly and wiring diagrams.
- Complete documentation as per ISO Standards.
Documentation is an essential part of this job: You will be responsible for recording daily, monthly, and annual maintenance activities. You will always have to provide documents and reports to management.
Education & Training
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of three to four years apprenticeship program or over five years of work experience in a trade school for industrial machinery repair or millwrighting.
- Journeyman’s certificate
- Exceptional knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC’s (SLC 50/5 and Control Logic’s)
- Red Seal Examination (License 433A) is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly changing environment with limited supervision.
- Comfortable standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
Health & Safety
- Understand the importance of health and safety at work and can follow instructions.
- Have a positive attitude, lead by example and are respectful towards your team members.
- Handle all machinery and equipment with caution and always in a safe.