Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Available Shifts: Day: 7:00am-3:30pm | Afternoon: 3:00pm-11:30pm
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Care, and Paid Vacation
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER, OUR BENEFITS
- Increases based on role progression.
- Paid vacation, extended dental and health care.
- A clean and safe indoor work environment.
- Training and opportunity for advancement.
- Outstanding team support.
Focus of Position
This position will be responsible for the organization, preparation, and handling of raw material for the production environment. It is critical that the Material Handler strictly adheres to the data sheets to ensure the materials are prepared correctly and on time to support the production schedule. The main objective is to ensure the safe handling and use of materials to ensure consistency in production & inventory control, as well as to help solve any issues that arise and help deal with situations immediately.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate material inventory tracking by weighing raw materials.
- Input & extract data from internal software (ERP system: Cyframe).
- Regularly clean and perform minor routine maintenance on equipment as required.
- Routinely verify and adjust material levels while production runs are ongoing to ensure the machines are supplied with appropriate amount of resin.
- Receive shipments of resin ensuring deliveries are accurate and undamaged.
- Responsible for keeping raw material organized and protected from contamination.
- Ensure the injection molding machine, surrounding floors, dryers & warehouse areas are well kept and organized.
- Communicate with management on all issues that involve shipments and inventory of resin.
- Efficiently and safely stack and store all raw materials in their designated areas.
- Communicate with purchasing to ensure quantities levels of raw materials are maintained to meet production needs.
- Responsible for ensuring all regrind is labelled, maintained, and recorded.
- Ensure regrind material is inspected and contaminants are isolated.
- Ensure resin is prepared in advance for production over the next 24 hrs. and is allocated to the designated machines.
- Insure regrind is incorporated back into production as specified.
- Ensure resin is mixed and colored proportionally as per the job traveler.
- Assist in shipping, receiving and warehouse duties when asked.
- Helping in the grinding room
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in a fast paced, manufacturing environment with machinery.
- Material handling and warehousing.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma preferred.
- Valid Forklift License (propane forklift)
- Are comfortable standing/walking for long periods.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and move loads up to 50lbs.
Health & Safety
- Have a positive attitude, led by example and are respectful towards your team members.
- Understand the importance of health and safety at work and can follow instructions.