Kemflo Canada seeks highly motivated and skilled individuals to contribute to our continued growth and success. Commonly sought professions include machine operators, set-up technicians, material handler, tool design engineer and many more. If you are interested in applying, answer the screening questions and upload your resume. You can also call us at 905-832-1217. Kemflo Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodations. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Kemflo Canada. To request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resource Manager.
Kemflo Canada is an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or national origin. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
442A Licensed Electro-mechanical Technician
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00 – $32.00 / hour
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
All employees are expected to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Focus on Position
Ensure the work environment is safe to perform the mold change and communication to all impacted employees is clear. Perform mold change overs based on schedule and prepare / setup the machine for production. You will be focused on ensuring that once molds has been set and running any ensuing processing issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner resulting in products that meet customer specifications with minimal downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform mold changes
- Set up and start molding machines
- Trouble shoot processing issues by understanding the relation between press, mold, and resins
- Understand and follow established Standardized Work Processes as they relate to relates to Mold changeovers.
- Provide input into efficiency improvements regarding Mold changes
- Mix and provide material for all machines on daily basis
- Communicate with mold maker issues with injection mold tool troubleshooting, repair,and maintenance
- Label material information on hoppers
- Set-up drying temperatures and organization
- Set-Up and monitor Robots and end of arm tooling
- Set-Up PLC with parameters set out in Job Traveler
- Monitor and clean material hoppers and filters
- Maintain cleanliness of all manufacturing equipment, molds, and work areas and floor around molding machines
- Verify and update equipment documentation on daily basis
- Troubleshot minor molding and equipment malfunctions
- Assist with technical jobs throughout the plant as needed
- Support the production team priorities of Safety, Quality and Delivery
- Assist in monitoring process conditions to ensure production meets customer specifications.
- Assist in trials on new programs
- Assist in trials on new technology
- In conjunction with other departments, participate in identifying and analyzing non-conformance's or production/quality problems; and developing, implementing, and verifying corrective actions.
- Perform duties as assigned from time to time by
- Five years of Technical/Set-up Technician experience, ideally in-injection molding
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulics
- Basic tooling background an asset
- Demonstrated experience with various hand tools
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Crane, and forklift certification Required
- Excellent communication and mechanical skills
- Must be able to access root causes and solution-based thinking
- Think in terms of efficiency
- Steel toed shoes is always a must in the plant. Candidate must provide own safety shoes.
- Safety glasses are the responsibility of the employee
- Must adhere to established policies and procedure
- Must always wear PPE