Injection Molding Set-up/Processing Technician
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Shifts: Night: 11:00pm to 7:30am
Starting Rate: $24.00 / hour
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Care and Paid Vacation
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
WHAT WE OFFER, OUR BENEFITS
- Afternoon shift: premium of $0.35 / Night shift: premium of $0.70.
- Increases based on role progression.
- Benefits: Paid vacation, extended dental and health care.
- A clean and safe indoor work environment.
- Training and opportunity for advancement.
- Outstanding team support.
We are always looking for setup and processing technicians. The technician would be responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process from setup to processing material to the maintenance of the model and machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and start molding machines.
- Assure that mold setup, changeovers, and housekeeping standards are met.
- Prepare materials based on orders for all machines.
- Ensure new start-up jobs run correctly, making any necessary adjustments.
- Troubleshoot processing issues including normal adjustments and checks.
- Communicate with mold maker regarding issues with the molds.
- Ensure molding machines and supporting systems are set to correct parameters and meet the production goals.
- Work with production personnel to ensure molded parts meet requirements and make adjustments as needed.
- Review and inspect machines daily for maintenance issues and report any to the maintenance department.
- Maintain cleanliness of all manufacturing equipment, molds, and work areas and floor around molding machines
- Verify and update equipment documentation daily.
- Assist in monitoring process conditions to ensure production meets customer specifications.
- In conjunction with other departments, participate in identifying and analyzing non-conformance or production/quality problems; and developing, implementing, and verifying corrective actions.
- Participate in cross-training with other departments on the production line to further your skillset.
Required Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge, preferably in the plastics industry with experience in injection molding.
- Demonstrated experience with various hand tools.
- Crane and forklift certification
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, very detailed-oriented
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills interacting with all levels of a company’s hierarchy.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of previous injection molding setup and process experience is required.
- High school diploma is required, but a college degree is preferable.
- Are you comfortable standing/walking for long periods.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and move loads over 50 lbs.
Health & Safety
- Have a positive attitude, led by example and are respectful towards your team members.
- Understand the importance of health and safety at work and can follow instructions.