Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Open to Canadian Citizens
Focus on Position
To ensure that all molding machines, temperature regulators and controllers, robotics and feeding systems and all auxiliary equipment are running and maintained in excellent working condition. Perform preventative maintenance and keep accurate records of the dates and times of the service work on all key machinery and to be responsible for overall plant maintenance and repairs wherever needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance & calibration programs & keep maintenance records
- Perform unplanned/reactive electrical, mechanical repairs.
- Establish and improve inspection methods and component/process improvements through continues improvement program.
- Programming and troubleshooting of PLC and Robotics control systems
- Set-up, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Establish and improve inspection methods and component/process improvements through continues improvement program
- Complete documentation as per ISO Standards
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met
- Operate metalworking machines to make housings, fittings, and fixtures
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written documentation
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Fully Licence 442 (Red Seal) with a specialization in electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within mold making
- Working knowledge of PLC controls
- Troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic control circuits
- Able to read, and communicate verbally and in writing in the English language
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Able to troubleshoot and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, time management and documentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills as well as team oriented with the ability to work within a diverse workplace
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Licensed Industrial Electrician in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls is required
- Experienced in Preventative Maintenance and Work Order Systems, report writing
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly changing environment with limited supervision
- Steel toed shoes is always a must in the plant. Candidate must provide own safety shoes.
- Safety glasses are the responsibility of the employee
- Must adhere to established policies and procedure
- Must always wear PPE