Kemflo Canada seeks highly motivated and skilled individuals to contribute to our continued growth and success. Commonly sought professions include machine operators, set-up technicians, material handler, tool design engineer and many more. If you are interested in applying, answer the screening questions and upload your resume. You can also call us at 905-832-1217. Kemflo Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodations. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Kemflo Canada. To request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resource Manager.
Kemflo Canada is an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or national origin. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Jr. Mold Maker/ Tool and Die
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00 per hour
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
All employees are expected to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Focus on position
This is a mold maintenance position, you will be responsible for the repair, improvement, and maintenance of plastic injection molds to within tolerances and specifications as directed by technical drawings and documents, supervision, personal skill, and experience. Also, to contribute to a co-operative work environment where fairness, equity, and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Manage and document repairs and maintenance of injection molds through electronic
- Disassemble, clean, change parts and reassemble molds
- Evaluate processes to increase production efficiency
- Work with 2D and 3D drawings
- Fabricate basic components related to molds
- Proficiency with electrical components on molds (hot runner systems)
- Follow 5S in the tooling shop
- Perform emergency repairs in-between hot dies
- Complete any and all as required per work order as well as manage inspection reports
- Process purchase requisitions for mold parts and supplies for the tooling shop
- Maintain inventory of critical parts and supplies (hot runner systems, tips, valve gates,and gate inserts)
- Maintain tooling storage area
- Work with production to reduce scrap, downtime and improve efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Mechanical Engineering Technician or Mechanical Technician Millwright
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Strong command of English language (speak, read and write)
- Ability to operate all tool room equipment, including overhead crane
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and pay close attention to tolerances and quality with in 1000 or better
- Ability to evaluate current processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Ability to work safely with multiple machines and equipment including, surface grinders, Lath, band saws, drill press, etc.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to function well in a team environment
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Ability to work independently
- Plastic injection /tooling knowledge a plus but not required