Kemflo Canada seeks highly motivated and skilled individuals to contribute to our continued growth and success. Commonly sought professions include machine operators, set-up technicians, material handler, tool design engineer and many more. If you are interested in applying, answer the screening questions and upload your resume. You can also call us at 905-832-1217. Kemflo Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodations. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Kemflo Canada. To request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resource Manager.
Kemflo Canada is an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or national origin. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Licensed 431A Mold Maker
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00 per hour
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
All employees are expected to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Focus on Position
As a Mold Maker you will be responsible for the repair, improvement, and maintenance of plastic injection molds. Your main function is to support production by completing work within the demands of the regular production schedule. Perform regular scheduled PM’s on tooling. Machine close tolerance components and fits components. Fully understands the principles and construction of plastic injection molds and is able to do in press repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventive maintenance on plastic injection molds and hot runner manifolds including disassembly, cleaning, inspection for damage or wear, repair and re-assembly.
- Fabricate mold inserts, mold components, fixture and tooling with and without engineering prints and 3-D CAD molds using milling, turning, grinding, EDM machines.
- Fits and assembles parts and tests completed molds for proper operation.
- Support production team members to ensure proper quality output and safe operations.
- Complies with all safety requirements and instructions.
- Verifies conformance of repaired injection molds or related tooling to specification by checking dimension, clearances and alignments using various test equipment, consistently working to close tolerances.
- Operates overhead crane to remove and/or relocate molds to specific workstations/areas
- Completes computer data entry as necessary.
- Maintains a neat work area and cleans up during and at the end of his or her shift. Provides general maintenance and cleanup of all Tool room equipment.
- Works cooperatively and communicates with manufacturing.
- Licensed Mold Maker(431A) a must
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in mold making and injection molding field as a journeyman.
- Must be able to operate all common tool room machinery in a safe and productive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Use of CAD/CAM systems and computer systems are an asset.
- Must be able to provide technical knowledge on mold repairs.
- Must possess good problem solving skills to properly repair tools and fixtures.
- Applicants with TIG welding skills would be preferred
- Experience working inside Injection Molding Machines is an asset
- Must be familiar with Preventative Maintenance systems, and experience with various hot runner applications including valve gate systems is recommended.
- Steel toed shoes is always a must in the plant. Candidate must provide own safety shoes.
- Safety glasses are the responsibility of the employee
- Must adhere to established policies and procedure
- Must always wear PPE