Licensed 431A Mold Maker
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shifts: Day: 7am-3:30pm
Salary: $30.00 / hour
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Care and Paid Vacation
Open to Canadian Citizens
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
WHAT WE OFFER, OUR BENEFITS
- Starting wage of $30.00 per hour.
- Afternoon shift: premium of $0.35 / Night shift: premium of $0.70.
- Increases based on role progression.
- Benefits: Paid vacation, extended dental and health care.
- A clean and safe indoor work environment.
- Training and opportunity for advancement.
- Outstanding team support.
As a Mold Maker you will be responsible for the repair, improvement, and maintenance of plastic injection molds. Your main function is to support production by completing work within the demands of the regular production schedule. Perform regular scheduled PM’s on tooling. Machine close tolerance components and fits components. Fully understands the principles and construction of plastic injection molds and is able to do in press repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs preventive maintenance on plastic injection molds and hot runner manifolds including disassembly, cleaning, inspection for damage or wear, repair and re-assembly.
- Fabricate mold inserts, mold components, fixture and tooling with and without engineering prints and 3-D CAD molds using milling, turning, grinding, EDM machines.
- Fits and assembles parts and tests completed molds for proper operation.
- Support production team members to ensure proper quality output and safe operations.
- Complies with all safety requirements and instructions.
- Verifies conformance of repaired injection molds or related tooling to specification by checking dimension, clearances and alignments using various test equipment, consistently working to close tolerances.
- Operates overhead crane to remove and/or relocate molds to specific workstations/areas
- Completes computer data entry as necessary.
- Maintains a neat work area and cleans up during and at the end of his or her shift. Provides general maintenance and cleanup of all Tool room equipment.
- Works cooperatively and communicates with manufacturing.
- Licensed Mold Maker(431A) a must
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in mold making and injection molding field as a journeyman.
- Must be able to operate all common tool room machinery in a safe and productive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Use of CAD/CAM systems and computer systems are an asset.
- Must be able to provide technical knowledge on mold repairs.
- Must possess good problem solving skills to properly repair tools and fixtures.
- Applicants with TIG welding skills would be preferred
- Experience working inside Injection Molding Machines is an asset
- Must be familiar with Preventative Maintenance systems, and experience with various hot runner applications including valve gate systems is recommended.
- Are you comfortable standing/walking for long periods.
- Fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift and move loads over 50 lbs
Health & Safety
- Have a positive attitude, led by example and are respectful towards your team members.
- Understand the importance of health and safety at work and can follow instructions.