Plant Manager Plastic Injection Molding
With experienced in processing a wide range of thermoplastic resins our capabilities enable us to work with a wide range of industries, molding parts that meet customer expectations. We are known for the designing of tools, pro-to-typing molding designs and post molding designs, allowing, us to provide our customers with a single complete service to see them from inception through to market delivery.
Our employees have been the driving factor of our success though teamwork collaboration and conviction that Kemflo Canada delivers on our commitment to be the best at what we do Come joint our inspiring team.
This position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production, plant and building maintenance, training, and supervision of staff, focused on continuous improvement in all areas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must be a leader in a plastic injection molding environment with in-depth plastics industrial knowledge
- Good understanding of P&L Costing, Proven track record of success with Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Develops solutions to existing product performance opportunities and generate product performance improvements.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical problem resolving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Oversee and be responsible for the entire Molding operation by providing leadership through supervision, coordination, coaching/training.
- Guide the plant team to over-achieve in key operations metrics including safety, quality, continuous improvement, return to profitability and customer service
- Engages in and teaches problem solving using standard problem-solving tools.
- Implements continuous improvement activities using Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Set up and implement a plan to continually develop and evaluate direct reports that promotes a continuous improvement and “zero defect” philosophy.
- Establish and manage to KPI’s that will meet revenue and cost goals
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data to maximize the utilization of the manufacturing processes, tools, and human resources requirements
- Role model company leadership values in the management of both hourly associates and salaried staff
- Communicate with engineering teams to review ongoing projects and workflow to ensure highest levels of efficiency are attained.
- Building a culture with a relentless obsession to eliminate waste
- Set leadership example on the floor, serve as a coach and mentor to the team.
- Ability to create a vision for what the plant floor needs to look like and how it should effectively operate with an emphasis on applying the appropriate technological advancements
- Proven track record with development and implementation of TPM, LEAN, and SIX SIGMA methodology
- Strong Technical manufacturing skills, knowledge of high tolerance injection molding and molding strategies
- Team player and can interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Successful champion of continuous improvement methodologies and have a passion for excellence in all manufacturing and business initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, or similar technical degree (or equivalent years of experience with on-target experience).
- Electromechanical knowledge would consider an asset
- 7 years of well-rounded plastics industry engineering experience.
- 4 years of Injection Molding experience
- 4 years of experience working with molding equipment hands-on, on the plant floor.
- You should understand the results of various material changes and how they will impact both the processing and physical properties of the product.