Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000 per year
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Open to Canadian Citizens
Focus of Position
As the Tool Design Engineer / Mold Shop Manager you will participate in mold design activities from start to finish. Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customers expectations are met.
- Support new business quotes with part feasibilities, and costing
- Technical documentation and reference drawings for projects
- Create reports updating projects, gauge progress and act on deficiency
- Manage our Tooling preventative maintenance program
- Implement Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Review and approve tools received from 3rd party supplier’s,
- Develop pre-design from information provided by the customer and may be required to develop several concepts to achieve a final design direction.
- Evaluate functions and fits in existing tools
- Assign correct fits for assemblies, material, and tolerances for tooling components
- Design manufacturing process for tooling components
- Work with outsource suppliers· Work with tool makers to improve tools performance and service·
- Design jigs and fixtures
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 5years’ experience in injection molding
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software is required
- Experience using computer engineering applications with a strong emphasis on utilizing Solidworks
- Knowledge and experience with formal documentation systems and methods particularly ISO 9001/2015
- Ensures the integrity of all design information communicated on assigned programs.
- Ability to view and interpret three-dimensional drawings,
- Experience in the plastics industry would be a strong asset
- Must have a strong desire to design world-class injection molds
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent attendance, work habits, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills Ability to use the 8D process would be an asset
- Practical knowledge of machining processes is an asset
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience and expertise on injection molding tooling design.
- High level of attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance,
- Ability to present proper company image when meeting with customers.
- Steel toed shoes is always a must in the plant. Candidate must provide own safety shoes.
- Safety glasses are the responsibility of the employee
- Must adhere to established policies and procedure
- Must always wear PPE